Friday, September 02, 2005

I am so sad!


Scenes like this are the ones that I cannot stand to look at. All I continue to do is pray for everybody but especially the children. Last night watching t.v. a women was holding a baby who was so dehydrated that it could not wake up, and begging for help. WHAT THE HELL HAS TAKEN SO LONG FOR US TO SHOW UP AND HELP!

If I could I would fly there and help. I do not know what I would help with but I want to help. I want to help comfort babies that are lost or whatever.

I also want to ask God why did this happen to all these people. What made you angry enough to do this. Then my thought follows with please Lord help feed these babies and keep their parents strong enough to help them as well. Please give these people relief. I have cried every time I sit down to watch the t.v. today. My heart is so heavy.

Mr president walks the street offering words of encouragement;however, it is only the safe streets not the the ones where they are so desperate. The one thing that angered me about the President is while they were showing him walking and talking to the people of Bilox every time he would stop to hug a child or even an adult all you would hear are the camera's taking pictures of him. I honestly feel it is all done to make him look better.

I dare him to walk amongst the dead and decaying and offer comfort there. Or to walk along the streets of screaming hungry babies and children begging for just a drop of water to quench there thirst or a bite of a sandwich to curve their hunger. Wade through the water Mr President the water full of chemicals and bacteria from the dead and broken, get dirty, feed a child, carry a dead body out of the street so you can pass by or a security vehicle can pass by hopefully one that is caring some kind of supplyDo you think he will do it HELL NO! he will go where he thinks it will make him look good on camera showing bits of comfort.

Sorry for ranting but I am so angry and sad. I just want to hug some of those mothers that are having to watch their precious beautiful babies starve to death. Slowly they are slipping away. Please God make it stop please help these people please give them courage and strength. Get our president and our supplies on the ball.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

10 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Blogger Angie said...

I totally agree with everything you said! I have been watching and reading all the coverage from here in Canada and I am appalled at what Bush is doing. HELLO - PEOPLE ARE DYING!

What pisses me off the most is that many countries (they are saying 25) have offered help and Bush has said no to ALL of them... WHY?! It is obviously needed.. He needs to let go of his pride and deal with the problems as quick as possible!

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

I know what you mean. It's just heartbreaking. I just wanna jump in there and help right away, it's HERE in the U.S! but it's impossible.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i would like to know why some major american manufacturers are not in there with trucks of diapers, formula, wipes, etc. if the roads are clear to some areas, then they could be assisting. why aren't companies giving back, never mind the federal govt's delay?! it's just sickening.

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger LISA said...

Good job Heaher!!! Couldn't said it better myself!! ~Love you, my best friend of 22 years~

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger LISA said...

Too bad I can't type your name right LOL

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger trisha said...

i can't hardly even comment on this, cause i HAVE been watching and listening and i just DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is up with the aid gettign to them--i mean come on now- it is going what day now, and how many are still totally missing...and what is up with this 'war' aggravation that is going on now. ridiculous, lets get the children and families some water and food, and at least a blanket or two until further rescueing is available, which SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THIS LONG YET.

THIS SURE SEEMS UNREAL TO TRY AND FATHOM AND REALIZE THIS IS HAPPENING IN OUR COUNTRY AND IN THIS AREA PEOPLE, CHILDREN AND BABIES OF OUR COUNTRY (THE USA) ARE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES.

ALL I KEEP SAYING IS : 'WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR THESE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH A DISASTER (IN OUR COUNTRY) TO GET RELIEF????

OK- I MUST STOP, HEATHER- WE ARE TOO MUCH ALIKE!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger MommyTaco said...

i'm with you 100%. i won't even begin to start my rant either because once i get going, i won't stop. it's just heartbreaking.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger {LyndsD} said...

The situations is so sad I agree... I hope we can all help to make a difference vs. playing the blame game.

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

My heart aches too.....

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger BayouMaMa said...

I'm late getting to this...so these are more like afterthoughts.

I have always supported and respected my president...but I couldn't help like feeling that his first visit to the Gulf Coast was a "photo-op." It made me sick.

But now, I am feeling better about him. I am SO glad he has taken responsibility for his failures. I can respect someone who can admit they are wrong and does everything in their power to make it right.

Still...so many people suffered needlessly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home