Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back to ER but this time a little more serious!

*UPDATE* It is Zachary's ear. it is very infected. My POOR POOR babies!
















Well I am the kind of mom that has to check on kids before iIgo to bed or I can not sleep and I am now thankful that I am like this last night while taking my shower Q. threw up again. I cleaned him up and he went back to sleep and then on my way to bed I check that last time and OMG! he was breathing so fast so I got the watch and started counting. You see the NICU and many hospital stays I learned how to watch and do this stuff. well I counted 52 breaths a minute and normal is 20 to 25. So I called the nurse help line and we came to the conclusion that 102 fever and labored breathing spelled out EMERGENCY!!!! so off we went and sure enough he has phnomonia. His O2 was between 90 ad 94% and they wanted 95 and above so he had to be but on blow by O2 to help him. he got a shot of antibiotics and lots of meds and sent home and now Z. is acting beyond sick as well we know he has a bad cold but I think it too has gotten way worse. so we have an appointment at 3:00pm to see.

LEt me tell you this though last night he made the nurse put a braclet on his spidemans leg as well as his. I thought that was so funny. he would put the mask of O2 to spideys face then his then mine. As long as motrin is in him he is up and walking around as soon as it wears off he is down on couch sleeping.. I really think that when he threw up he assprerated and that is what caused the whole thing. cause when i put him down he was doing good minus the fever. then as soon as he got sick it started the labored breathing. All I want is for him to get better. Both of them. This morning while one of the kids I take care of came Zach threw up on me so now they are all headed home cause nobody needs to get this kind of sick.
Oh and P.S. these pics are all of happier days LOL!


3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger Debby said...

poor guys ... hope they are feeling better soon...

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger diana said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your twins being so sick! gosh, that's pretty serious. i really hope everyone gets better as quickly as possible! they look surprisingly cheerful given how sick they are - a tribute to their upbeat personalities. hang in there mom!

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

well i hope you all get plenty of rest after last night! What a lovely tribute to your husband! He's a lucky guy! Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home