Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Please read the post before the pics!

This is my our brave little man! His name is Quentin. He could not of been any braver last night!

O.k I think I might just be the worst mom ever. Last night while cooking the boys were in the kitchen with me and it was time for them to eat. I picked up Zachary and began putting him in his highchair and in the same instant and I mean instant, Quentin fell on the broiler drawer. It was not on and therefore not hot. He smashed his arm. He started crying so I picked him up and then put him in his highchair to eat. He stated eating and every once in awhile would cry but nothing bad I assumed it was the shots that he had gotten at the doc a few hours earlier.
THEN, he started to rub his eye with his right hand and that is when I saw the most terriffying thing ever! His armed had been burned and there where huge blisters. I started to yell for steve and I paniced. I have prided myself in the past 8 years of being a mom none of my children have ever had a scuffed head, broken bone, or any other injury for that matter. But that has all changed now.
After arriving at the E.R. and crying hysterically to the doctor and nurses they fixed him up. They popped the blisters and bandaged him up and I have to change them every day with ointment and gauze.
HOW DID HE GET BURN YOU ASK LET ME TELL YOU!
When the door slammed his arm it pushed his arm up on the hot (400 degrees to be precise) oven floor and pinned his arm against it.
HOW IS HE NOW AND HOW DID HE HANDLE IT HEATHER? IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKED.
He flirted with the nurses, he sang and danced and after the popping which was painless he clapped his hands. My brave little soldier.
THE MOST COMFORTING PART OF THE NIGHT!
After crying and sobbing and being a basket case a lady sat with me and told me some of her twins horror stories which made me feel so much better. She told me one of her boys also got 2nd degree burns by grabing her curling iron and that she broke one of thier hands by slamming them in a car door and how one of them drank a whole bottle of tylonol. WOW! not felling so bad anymore. But like auntie Lisa said this is the first of many trips to the E.R. with these boys you see we have two older kids but they are girls not so crazy and we are not used to this kind of stuff.

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger Avery's mom said...

oooh!~ that looks awful! poor baby and poor mommy! you know it wasnt anything that you did ...boys will be boys. your little soilder was being brave at the ER clapping his hands and flirting (arent babies so weird )
you've had a rough week, first the haircuts now the burns...you are so busy. hope you are able to slow down and enjoy your THanksgiving

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger trisha said...

ouch! He is so brave. If it were one of us, we would be boo-hooing! Ok, I'm gonna go check email to see your pics from sears.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger LISA said...

POOR LITTLE GUY :( I HOPE HE IS FEELING BETTER SOON!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

OMG how scary! I would be a basket case too. Its amazing what kids can go through and act as if nothing is going on!!

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Jody said...

Ouch! Poor little guy!

Hope he heals quickly!

(((Hugs))) to mom!

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

Hugs to you.....REMEMBER being a mommy is the hardest job in the world!!!!!!

Hope he is better!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home