Monday, November 14, 2005

Something has been on my mind!

A few weeks ago I was watching Oprah and Leanardo Dicaprio was on there. He was there to discuss our world and our invirorment. AAARRRGGG!!!!!!! We are all terrible people. He spit out a lot of statistics that shocked the crap out of me!!!!! :O Did you know that if everybody in the U.S. changed 5 of their most used lightbulbs to one of the energy bulbs pictured below we would save over billions of gallons of oil a MONTH! They last for up to 5 years so it is also saving money. So why not try it? Most of us have three trash can at our home to separate our trash recycable, food and green. I was a culprit of just throwing it all away in the brown trash one. Until I watched this Oprah now I separate I have two small trash can in my house and I start in there. Recycle people if your town provides the bins at your house how hard is it. Your next car buy a hybrid. I can not remember but if 8 out of a hundred cars were Hybrids we would save 100s of billions of gallons of gas a month. I know it is hard to go buy a new car if it was easy then I would do it tomorrow.
Anyways Sunday at church our sermon was about protecting gods earth. And now it is really on my mind.!!!. Did you know that a mini van is more fuel effienct then a svu both holding the same amount of passengers. So bite your tongue and drive the mini van. I have since the age of 23. Well below are pics of our poor ozone layer and the light bulbs and a reminder to recycle and also a little humor and if you click on Leo's name you will go to his site with ideas on how to conserve. :)
I hope I did not bore you but I would like a beautiful world to live in and for my grand kids to live in. Here is something to think about when you leave.

The Lord God placed the Man in the Garden of Eden to tend and care for it. Genesis 2:15










In September 2000 the hole in the ozone layer was three times as big as the USA.

4 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger Avery's mom said...

I've been on the same mindtrack since viewing that show.....I'm makeing certain adjustments in my daily routine to try to be more conservative......still using cloth diapers :(

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Avery's mom said...

that ozone pic scares me....

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger trisha said...

ok you sahm's (LOL :) )thanks for keeping us 'moms that miss oprah everyday' up to par about our environment-i actually have been trying to make use of our 3 trash bins we are provided with by the city lately. it's just kinda dificult to get the rest of the household to do so!

 
At 3:49 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

I saw that Oprah show (never miss her, ha!) & I totally agree!!! We have been tyring to be so much better around here!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home