Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A little Helper for you Moms!!!!

My Daughters Second grade teacher is real big on studying instead of paper Homework. For instance, This week she had 2 pages of math homework, had to practice counting by 2's and 3's, learn 9 vocabulary words along with the definitions, memorize 10 spelling words and read 75 pages a week. all due on friday. The problem with this is that the spelling and vocab are just have parents help you study.


What if your child is a visual learner you ask well this is what I do for her.
I made the crossword and the word search. I also made her write her words 3xs each,match defines with words unscramble words and I quiz her verbally. Do not get me wrong she only missed one on her pretest but it is still important to teach her studing skills that will help her even if she learns better visually. I too am like that so it helped me in thinking of ways to do it for her.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger kel said...

I love that site. Also it was $19.95 for a year but I signed up for http://www.edhelper.com you can import your own lists of words and they make tons of worksheets for you and even voc if you want but the spelling worksheets are fun and a lot less work for the moms!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger trisha said...

loving the new background!!!!!!!!!!!! oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.......................Happy FALL is here and so is Halloween!!!!!

good job Emmy on your school work!
Titi loves you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home