Sunday, May 28, 2006

Well this was my day!

Today Trsha and I went to the National cemetary. I have always wanted to take pics of the Avenue of Flags and Today I went there. My grandparents are buried here and so is Trisha's dad.The pics I posted are not perfect cause I had to make them into collages however if you head over to my Photo Blog there are some good ones that I have played with and that turned out really good, I think.


This is the POW monument and I thought it was breath taking! The statue was of a man with hands tied up and a bar under his arms . Somebody had left flowers at the feet of the statue and I was touched by that. Our country has lost so many men to POW's.

After coming home I put the kids in the pool and let them run wild in the back yard It was a beautiful day today.

6 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Debby said...

Is that the one in Riverside? I have only been there once but Idont remember much about it......That is beautiful.....
Looks like the boys ha fun in the pool, can't wait til the kids get to play together...

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Shionge said...

It's so hot here in Singapore I wish I could join in the fun with your kids!

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Avery's mom said...

I had the weirdest dream about you lastnight. I was still in florida and you were there getting married and pregnant and about to pop anyday and I was trying to get your information so we could stay in contact after i went home.
these pregnancy dreams are so entertaining.
hope you are having a great memorial day weekend

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger trisha said...

we did have fun, didn't we.....with no kids for a couple hours, that was great! the boys look so cute playing inthe water....k and I were looking at the photos you sent me and she wants to come over now and play with them in the the backyard....

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

This is the first year in a long time that I haven't been out to that cemetery! My FIL and grandfather are both buried out there! (Where are the picks of the duck pond? They have some killer fish in the pond too - if you throw bread to the fish)

 
At 7:33 AM , Blogger kel said...

Looks like a great day with the kids playing and having fun. Very nice pics.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home