Tuesday, May 23, 2006

~He turns 9 Tomorrow~

~This was the last picture ever taken of him. He passed 7 days later~
As you can tell he always found time to smile!
So I hope all of you can also find time everyday to look at just one person and SMILE!
Tomorrow he turns 9. Wow were did the time go. Today I went and bought the stuff for his grave to make it look it festive. Debby gave me an idea of writing on balloons and letting them go for him to recive our messages. So today I bought balloons that say Happy 9 th Birthday we will take them again this year and every year from hear on out after my Honey gets home and have them inflated and then write our messages and then go to his site and let them go as a family.

This year has been super hard and that is why I am doing this today and not tomorrow. I will not be doing wordless Wednesday tomorrow. I might post some pics of us letting go of our balloons and stuff but that is probably it. I will be around to check out yours though.

I am a huge fan of the movie still magnolias and in that movie Sally Fields say that she was there when her child came into this world and she was there when it went out. I never thought that line would have so much meaning in it until 3 and half years ago when I to was there for both and it is the most amazing moment of my life I remember the sound of his first breaths and I will never forget the sounds of his last. I feel blessed that I was there to comfort him as he went so many parents are unable to be there because their children die so tragically. I am thankful that is not how it happened we knew it was coming he was made comfortable and he had what he wanted his Mommy.

I truly miss him everyday. For some reason this year is so much harder then all the other years.I always will wonder what he would of been like if he was still here. So much of me wants to bring the wheelchair in the house and maybe put a plant in it but so much of me is also not ready for that. I wonder if I ever will be ready.

The one good thing is tomorrow is also My Honey's brother's birthday. It does help to be able to call somebody and tell them happy Birthday.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow and I would like to leave you with this:

"I'M FREE!!!"

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play,
Tasks left undone, must stay that way,
I've found peace at the close of the day
If my parting has left a void-
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full-I've savored much,
Good friends, good times, my loved one's touch,
Perhaps my time seems too brief
Don't lengthen it now with grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now; He set me free.
Author Unknown

7 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Shionge said...

Thanks for sharing this on your blog and it makes us appreciate what we have in life.

You're in my thoughts always. Take care.

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger tony said...

thank you for sharing with us our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

 
At 2:02 AM , Blogger purplecupcake said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to him...He's a lovely boy!

 
At 4:38 AM , Blogger kel said...

What a beautiful poem. Thoughts and prayers are with you on this most difficult day.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

What a sweet boy he was & a very touching post & poem. Hugs, thoughts & prayers for you & your family on this day.

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Debby said...

thanks for that poem its beautiful.....Ill give you a call tomorrow to see how your doing...wish I was there to just hang out and help you get through this time.....
love ya sweetie
see ya soon

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

What a beautiful poem!!! I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. My heart goes out to you. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home