Friday, May 12, 2006

Favorite Foto Friday


Heaven's very special children:
A meeting was held quite far from earth,
"It's time for another birth,"
Said this angel to the Lord above.
"This special child will need much love."
His progress may seem very slow.
Accomplishments he may not show.
And he'll require much extra care,
From the folks he meets down there.
He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as HANDICAPPED.
So let's be careful where he's sent.
We want his life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the parents who
Will do a special job for You.
They will not realize right away
the leading roll they're asked to play
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for theis gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild
Is Heaven Very Special Child.
My best friends mom gave me this poem at my sons funeral and it as always stuck with me.
Happy Favorite Foto Friday!
I can not wait to see yours up today. Later today I will post another mothers poem for you as well.

6 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger trisha said...

I remember reading that one. I LOVE this picture too. Lok at Emmy's chubby face!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

Very special poem & sweet picture!

HFFF!!!

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

the poem is beautiful. just look at those two little cherubs sleeping together!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Debby said...

Great pic and beautiful poem.....
Remember I am here for ya Heather day or night, if you need someone to talk to don't hesitate....pick up the phone, wish I was closer to you

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger kel said...

Beautiful poem very touching.

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger mrs. awesome said...

what a picture! those two look like little sleeping angels! if only mine were that angelic when they were awake! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home