Thursday, August 11, 2005

READ THIS EMAIL I GOT!



I had a wonderful morning until the heating unit went out of my dryer!
Why does everything seem to fall apart this time of year!???
The guy that fixes things went in to the dryer and pulled out the lint
filter.
It was Clean.
We always clean the lint from the filter after every load of clothes.
He told us that he wanted to show us something.
He took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it.
Now, this thing is like a mesh-I'm sure you know what your dryer's
lint filter looks like.
WELL......the hot water just laid on top of the mesh!!! It didn't go
through it at all!!!
He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh and that's
what burns out the heating unit.
You can't SEE the film, but it's there.
He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time
(and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months.
He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long!
How about that???!!!!
Learn something new everyday!
I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that.
So, thought I'd share!
Note: I went to the dryer and tested my screen by running water on
it.
The water collected a little, but ran though the screen.
I dried it off and was ready to put it back in the dryer since the
water
ran through it but, thought what the heck it won't hurt to wash it while I had it out.
Warm soapy water and a nylon brush and I had it done in 30 seconds.
I then ran the water over the screen and what a difference the water
just gushed through it with no
puddling at all and this time I was running the water at a faster
rate.
That repairman knew what he was talking about.
Heres a little add on with those fabric dryer sheets...they also coat
the dryer sensor arm inside. Every dryer has some little arms or
whatever to sense when the clothes are dry. the sheets will tend to
coat the arm, and throw off the timer!



THIS WAS EMAILED TO ME TODAY AND i THOUGHT ALL YOU MOM'S AND FELLOW LAUNDRY DOERS WOULD APPRICIATE THIS. I KNOW I DID. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST BOUCE THAT IS JUST THE PICTURE I FOUND.

7 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger mrs. awesome said...

you are just full of useful tips! :)

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Wow that is a good tip. We can't use dryer sheets. We use scented tide for our clothes then tide free to our daughter she is allergic to all that. so we can't use it, but I should try that maybe the people who lived in the apt. before us used them? Thanks for the tip

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Thanks for the dryer lesson. I'm sure it will come in handy at some point in my life.

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Wow - that is really helpful! ... I love these "inside" tips you get from repairmen... They need to write a book!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger bookwormaddict said...

Hey Heather,
I didn't see the episode where they have sex in the barn! WOW....I had a feeling that it wasn't Phillip's baby, but Shawn's and that is why Shawn is not letting go so easily. So you think that Lucas and Sami won't last? Do you think that Chole and Brady will? GOSH he's gorgeous.....:) I really hope that Roman WON'T get back together with Kate. I'm glad to see that Abby gave her number to that guy Josh. What's her name is evil like Kate. It was hilarious yesterday to watch Kate completely be rude back to that girl right to her face:) They're so alike! I was half expecting Kate to hire her.
Whew I know.....btw, love to email ya:)

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger bookwormaddict said...

Oh another thing! What country artists do you like Heather? I have yet to attend Fan fair!
When is your b-day?
Hope to hear from you soon:)

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger MarylandMommy said...

Thanks for the advice!!! I do that all the time!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home