Tuesday, August 09, 2005

We Had an Important Doctors Appoitment Today!










Well today was our HRI clinic appointment.(High Risk Infant) We have to go when the boys' adjusted age is 4months,8 months and 18 months.Adjusted age for the boys is minus 3 months untill they are two because they were born 3 months early. Unless there is concern and then it is when the doctor or physical therapist says. On our 4 month check Quentin showed need for concern and Zachary did not so Quentin had to come back at his 6 month. Things at that appoit. looked better.
AnyWho! today was our 8 month check and Quentin was actually way ahead and does not have to go back until he is 18 months old. HOORAY!!!!! I am so proud of my baby. He is crawling, pulling to stand, sitting himself up and causing HAVIC in the house. This picture shows him trying to be slick and get in the kitchen not caring that there is a road block.( We went and bought a baby gate so it is safer this was just temp.) P.S. his risk score was 1 out of 50

Now time to tell you about Zachary's visit. As you know he is not crawling. He is only sitting, rolling, and scootting. This gave the Physical therapist some concern and he has a really strong grip and he likes to stand on his tippy toes a LITTLE. She said in the same breath that she thinks it is absolutly nothing to be concerned about. He has all the strength and mobility to crawl he just has not put it all together yet. His risk score was a 4. Still not bad but he has to go back at is adjusted 12 month for a visit. just for physical therapy though and only to see if he is crawling . She seemed to think he would master it in about 3 weeks from now so lets keep our fingers crossed.

I find it so wierd that they keep swapping places. I guess it is a twin thing. I will admit that today was a very stressful day the boys are so active and it is getting very hard to take them to doctors appointments alone when they both are being seen. If it was just one ,the other would be buckled in and a little easier to entertain. Today I had to wrestle with both on the table and dressing and undressing them taking turns at the scales and the table that they are mesured at. Ireally wanted to scream today, I also almost threw my cell phone in the trash today. As both boys were screaming and the doctor was yelling to talk over them it bagan to ring 3 times back to back.(PEEK OF STRESSFULL MOMENT) I have always told people that twins are not that hard, yet. I think I have reached the yet in the sentence. well thanks for stopping and reading about my boys.Talk at you all soon.

5 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Nina said...

You have a beautiful family. I would think twins would be hard.

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger bookwormaddict said...

Hey Heather,
Thank you for post. To be honest I have been terrible and not prayed like I should be. Thank you for keeping me in check with that:)

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger NME said...

Congrats to you and the boys. Zachary will catch up in no time and then he'll take off like a shot.

Now that Noah can move around its alot harder to take him places. I can't even IMAGINE how hectic it would be with two. I commend you.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger mrs. awesome said...

sounds like they are doin great for being so preemie. my best friend has twin girls, and they leep switching off developmentally too. what's funny is i think their development is so tied to their personalities now. one's a sittter, and one's a doer.

i am glad they're doing so well.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger bookwormaddict said...

Do you have country playing on your blog? WAHOO I'm a HUGE country fan:)Heather, have you ever heard of Ray Stephenson?? He's one of my VERY favorite country singers! You can check out his site and sound off of my blog.
That's awesome you love to scrapbook!
Thanks so much for writing me again:)
Have a great night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home